Post lockdown shenanigans

After what seems like eons, Mr V and I finally step out of our house yesterday. Decided to document all the happenings during this time in the form of posters.

Here we go!

5.30PM

Baby N starts acting cranky and looks like a short nap could help him. I rock him on the glider and sing Yankee Doodle, his current fave song to drift him off to sleep. 


6PM: Mr V and I argue about the number of days it's been since we went for a long drive. He says it's 58, I think it's 64. Anyways, the point is this is the longest I've been indoors after delivering baby N (that was 56 days, as the old wives' tales suggest) and that called for a decent dress-up! 


Sigh! And this is the story of my life, mostly. 

But then, I victoriously think to myself...nobody, JUST nobodyyyy is going to stop me from dabbing some lipstick. I make a grab for my maquillage pouch and dab some lipstick on. There, all it took was five seconds, Mr V. Now, let's go!

Oh Blimey! Even if I forget to wear my sandals, I shouldn't forget to wear this *make a note to self* Even if we don't mean to get out of the car, this needs to be worn. *double note to self* 

"Hey M, why on earth is all that paint smeared on your lips?" , Mr V looks a bit shell-shocked. I shrug, "What's the big deal? I do wear it when we step out for..." I stop midway as the elastic band loops perfectly around my ear. 




Or mascara! Or maybe an eyebrow epilator. Looks like I could do with one now that salons aren't that safe, hmm... No wonder ScrabbleGo is showing me Eye Epilator ads these days. Beats me how they know!

6.20 PM

After all this hue and cry, finally Mr.V drags me out of the door. Mr V and I are both suckers for lift selfies and he takes his phone out for one. "Say Reese", I mouth my favorite prompt phrase to nudge him to smile when another thought dawns on me.


Mr. V sees my appalled eyes and tells me, "It's okay. This will soon pass. Until then, let's smile with our eyes!" And that perked me up.

How did you feel the first time you got out after lockdown? Tell me in the comments down :) 

Toodles for now!


Comments

  1. ur posters r brilliant :) :) and d way u write, its just superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was strange to see everyone wearing masks and getting on with normal lives the first time I got outside

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cudnt agree with u more on that lipstick scenario... lol always make the mistake of applying lipstick only to realize il have to wear a mask above it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts