Once upon a time…when you were two pink lines


And that’s where it all started. Boy, am I not glad I have a picture of my pregnancy detector kit which dawned the million dollar news on me? Quite blurry as my hands were shaking coz of the excitement I couldn’t hold back :D But well, having something is better than nothing yea? Honestly, if good news came in pictures it would look like this!

I'm a bit nostalgic today with my baby boo having turned 10 months...yes, double digits, omg! Let's travel down the memory lane to that day this pic here was clicked :D 

So, I found out that I was pregnant when I was at about five weeks, which is pretty early if you ask me. Coz I was just a couple of weeks ahead of missing my period. I’m generally paranoid, so if my period is even a wee late I mull over it n bite my nails. 

So, when this kit showed me those two dark pink lines, I almost dropped it in utter disbelief. For a moment I did not know what was going on inside me or what to say. Oh and those five minutes of waiting for the line/lines to appear taught me that patience is a virtue I need to exercise more often. For me those 5 minutes seemed literally like 5 years! But oh, it was well worth all that wait!! 

At this point, I’d like to shift your attention to Mr.V who was leisurely browsing for Ferrari watches. The man was just about to click on “purchase” when he saw me standing by the door frantically waving the stick at him. Well, let’s just say the order never got placed but then the next time I looked at the screen, he was looking up Ferrari strollers on Sprii! 

Pregnancy kits claim to be 99.9% accurate. To reassure our 0.1% baffled minds, we headed to a nearby clinic for an official confirmation. I met this lady at the hospital who said that she was also gonna see the doctor to get her pregnancy confirmed. Unfortunately the last 2 times she conceived, she had a miscarriage. Both times in her first visit itself the doctor said there were issues. She was really pinning her hopes on this one, and I couldn’t help but feel awful for her. I sat there saying a silent prayer for her baby. Ten minutes after she went in, I saw her return with a beaming smile on her face. Phew, thank goodness! I’ve not felt gladder in recent times.

Mr V and I went in for my scan. Mr V looked exactly like how he looked on the first day of placement at college. Clueless, with eyes wandering here and there. I don’t know what I looked like — ah, I should have asked Mr V!

I like that jelly, oozy thing the doctor squeezes out onto your tummy. It just feels nice and kinda keeps your nerves calm! Oh My God.. the screen just turned on. I’m a back to being a wreck! AAAAAAaaaa!

So long story, cut short — my GP confirmed my pregnancy (Yayyyyyy, thank you Lord!!) but as it was too early to check the baby’s heartbeat we were asked to return in a couple of weeks.
At that point, it just dawned on us. Mr V and I are gonna be parents…daddy and mommy. Just imagine!! 

Comments

  1. Beautifully penned down ur experience 😍😍 Happy mothers day my gorgeous sis ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written! Keep ‘em coming!👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great read! Waiting for more updates!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts