Keeping it simple this corona season!


So, that was my breakfast this morning! Simple, traditional, classic South Indian style Dosa, Sambar and Coconut Chutney. I'd originally planned to make some pancakes for breakfast but then had to give in to my inner voice's volte-face.

I woke up this morning to the news of the Ernakulam Collector requesting the folks to stick to minimal cooking using limited ingredients! I really thought what he said made complete sense...i mean, this is definitely not the time for culinary innovations or polishing up cooking skills. I was actually gearing up for some quarantine baking sessions and had even kickstarted it with an orange cake the other day.

However I now realize that such indulgence at this time of lockdown and panic buying could lead to a depletion in staples and essential supplies. It may also put you at a higher risk considering the frequency of visiting the groceries to stock up the empty pantries.

I also guess seeing an empty supermarket shelf is a probable psychological trigger to mass hoarding. An empty shelf just translates to a possible logistic change in the retail channel but is not an indicator of a supply shortage. So, I'd like to urge the readers out here to assess the way you shop and not indulge in massive panic-buying just because you anticipate empty shelves in stores.

Also, let's be wise and come out with some judiciously planned menus for our daily meals. Stay safe, all!

Comments

Popular Posts